Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Prontobus - Fiumicino to Pescara
Abruzzolutely Forum    Holidays & Travel    Travel Topics  ›  Prontobus - Fiumicino to Pescara

Prontobus - Fiumicino to Pescara  This thread currently has 22,229 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Postmac
November 17, 2008, 1:37pm Report to Moderator

Maggiore
Hi just thought I'd mention about the above bus company. I've never used them but they appear to run buses direct from Fiumicino Airport to Pescara stopping at Avezzano, Sulmona/Pratola, Torrei de Passeri, Chieti Scalo and Pescara.

Might be of use to someone. The link is:-

http://www.prontobus.com/102007/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=13
Logged Offline
Private Message
Sample
Dog
November 17, 2008, 6:58pm Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Great Postmac

I see that they also do

PENNE
LORETO APRUTINO
PESCARA STAZ CENTRALE
PESCARA APT/ AUCHAN
CHIETI SCALO  STAZ FS
S C.a Casauria / Torre de’ Passeri piazzale Abbazia
ROMA Tiburtina

« ...quando c'è bisogno non solo di intelligenza agile e di spirito versatile
ma di volontà ferma e di persistenza e di resistenza
io mi sono detto a voce alta: tu sei abruzzese! »

Benedetto Croce

Private Message Reply: 1 - 29
Victor Meldew
November 17, 2008, 7:58pm Report to Moderator
Tenente Colonnello
HI DOG                 THANKYOU FOR THE INFORMATION REGARDING  BUS COMPANY RUNNING TO ROME FIUMICINO AIRPORT,VERY USEFULL  V MELDREW
Logged Offline
Private Message AIM Reply: 2 - 29
Dog
November 18, 2008, 9:13am Report to Moderator

Administrator Group
Postmac should receive the credit Victor.

I have made this thread a "sticky" in travel.

« ...quando c'è bisogno non solo di intelligenza agile e di spirito versatile
ma di volontà ferma e di persistenza e di resistenza
io mi sono detto a voce alta: tu sei abruzzese! »

Benedetto Croce

Private Message Reply: 3 - 29
Britaly
November 18, 2008, 5:54pm Report to Moderator

Maggiore
The cost of the bus from Pescara to Fiumicino is €20, from Torre de P €18 and Avezzano €15.

Day returns are also available and there are reductions for parties of 10 or more

Britaly

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 29
roostergoose
June 4, 2010, 7:59am Report to Moderator

Tenente
Does anyone know where and if I can buy a ticket on the pronto bus to fiumincino in advance, it doesnt appear to be possible on the web site, and I actually went to Chieti to try and buy one but thet said you have to buy it on the bus.... im just worried that it might be full on the day and then miss my flight?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 29
Romus
June 4, 2010, 8:04am Report to Moderator
Guest User
No at this stage.  You need to purchase when you get on the bus

They are a good service and you can see the bella country side when you travel.
E-mail Reply: 6 - 29
Lola
June 4, 2010, 10:16am Report to Moderator

Tenente Colonnello
A  the friend arrived from England on Tuesday and got the 6.00p.m. bus from Fiumicino. She said they also picked up outside Ciampino, but not near the terminal ( worth checking). The cost was 23 euro payable to the driver and the bus was nearly empty. She does not speak Italian and said the driver was really helpful, even giving her a bottle of water from his own chiller box. She was very pleased with the service, only problem is that they don't stop for a 'wee' break and it's a 3 and a half hour journey.

Never make eye contact with weirdos.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 29
Yorkshirewitch
June 4, 2010, 11:17am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Not sure at my age I could last that long
E-mail Reply: 8 - 29
linsead oil
June 4, 2010, 12:39pm Report to Moderator
Tenente Colonnello
hi all you can buy or book your ticket at the travell ofice near the train station in pescara near where the bus leaves from  ,you can allso park for 1.50 a day and buy multi tickets from the car park atendant and leave them in you window this would be a cheap way for somone flying from pescra leave your car hop on no 38 bus  job done

Private Message Reply: 9 - 29
linsead oil
June 4, 2010, 12:40pm Report to Moderator
Tenente Colonnello
pee s they whill stop if you ask

Private Message Reply: 10 - 29
sheilamarsco
June 4, 2010, 6:05pm Report to Moderator
Maggiore
re parking at the railway/bus station you used to be able to park there all day for 1.50 euros but not anymore since they halved the size of the carpark. i parked there last week paid my 1.50 in the morning but when i left around 4pm they asked for another 1.50 to get out!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 29
Happychick
June 4, 2010, 8:54pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
If you buy at least a month in advance the fare is much cheaper. Several of our friends have used this service and have been very pleased. They also have people in the office who speak english and are very helpful, as are the drivers.
E-mail Reply: 12 - 29
Baz
June 5, 2010, 8:38am Report to Moderator
Guest User
There was a toilet on board the bus that I used. If you buy a ticket at a booth before you travel you have to wait until all the pay on the bus passangers have boarded before they let you take a seat, they prefer cash at the time of boarding.
E-mail Reply: 13 - 29
Postmac
June 5, 2010, 4:23pm Report to Moderator

Maggiore
Does anyone know if this bus stops in Sulmona?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 14 - 29
Shaley
June 5, 2010, 6:20pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
I have caught this bus several times over the last six months and as far as I know it has never stopped at Sulmona. Although I must admit I have only ever caught the express bus from Fum to Pes which only stops twice. There is another bus which stops more often including Penne but I havent caught that one   The service is excellent and the timetable is easily accessible on the net.    
E-mail Reply: 15 - 29
Sample
Nino
June 18, 2010, 11:34pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
I have take several times the Rosato Bus from Pescara to Airport. You can find the timetable at this address:

http://www.rosatoviaggi.it
E-mail Reply: 16 - 29
cpa21
March 28, 2012, 7:19pm Report to Moderator
Capitano
Where does the bus stop at Fiumcino?  I am arriving at terminal 3 on 5/5.  After I clear customs where do I go?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 17 - 29
stefanaccio
March 28, 2012, 10:12pm Report to Moderator
Tenente
I arrive Monday and was hoping to take the Gaspari bus.  Same question.... Where to head post customs?

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 18 - 29
linsead oil
March 28, 2012, 10:20pm Report to Moderator
Tenente Colonnello
probly just ask as there will be sombody who speaks english as this is an internatinal arport  .we need to comunicate as humans no need to rely on web sites e mails sat navs ect just ask

Private Message Reply: 19 - 29
Cesare
March 28, 2012, 11:28pm Report to Moderator

Maggiore
I haven't caught the Gaspari bus but a couple of weeks ago I caught the Rosato bus to Castel Frentano. All the buses seem to stop in the same general area, and I am sure one of the driver will be able to point you to the correct stop.

When you come out of terminal 3 arrivals walk across the terminal and go out of the door opposite and onto the lower level of the road, where the taxis stop. Do not cross the road but turn right and walk to the end of the taxi rank where the cabs join the queue. You will see all the buses parked up under the flyover that leads from the departures area ahead of you.

A hairy man who is scant of hair
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 20 - 29
Postmac
May 27, 2013, 11:31am Report to Moderator

Maggiore
I see on FB that Prontobus now have an english language website. This is the link for anyone interested:-
http://www.prontobusitalia.it/index.php?lang=en
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 21 - 29
jinty
August 22, 2013, 1:12pm Report to Moderator
Sottotenente
Does anyone know if parking at Chieti station is possible for two weeks? I will be catching Prontobus there..
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 22 - 29
southerngirl
August 22, 2013, 1:22pm Report to Moderator

Capitano
The bus stops going into the airport at  terminal 3.  You pick it up for the return outside arrivals near the local buses.  It is parked right in front to the last exit doors.
I have always reserved online and paid when I get on the bus.  My bus had a toliet.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Reply: 23 - 29
linsead oil
August 22, 2013, 1:23pm Report to Moderator
Tenente Colonnello
yes its very cheap 2  eros a day  bit of a hassle you need to go to see the car park a tendant   and pay him  for a ticket a day that you are going to be away then you leave them on  view in the car  well  that's the waywe had to do it last year  when we left our  car for a week  its best to go a cupple of  day preivius to get your tickets

Private Message Reply: 24 - 29
linsead oil
August 22, 2013, 1:25pm Report to Moderator
Tenente Colonnello
sorry jinty did not read your post well we left our car at the  railway station in Pescara  and  cought the pronto bus from there  sorry don't  know about  chieti

Private Message Reply: 25 - 29
dolcevita
August 22, 2013, 1:29pm Report to Moderator

Tenente Colonnello
I've booked that airport trip 4/5 times -the difference between the airport bus and the Pescara-Rome one is that YOU MUST PREBOOK on the prontobus website to reserve your ticket. You'll then get a seat number and you have to show this on boarding. There is a chance they'll have a spare seat if you just turn up but they will give you a hard time as you have no reservation and may refuse to let you on even if there are spare seats!!!

YOU PAY ON BOARDING not on the website that's just for making a reservation! You'll need to register to make a reservation but its very easy to do.

PARKING AT CHEITI STATION

If you drive away from the station over the roundabout towards Chieti you'll see lots of streets on the left with parking and its only 5 mins walk .

There is a small free car park too if you look on one of the left hand turns. Leave time to find a space.

http://myabruzzohome.blogspot.com/

often the prickly thorn produces tender roses - Ovid
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 26 - 29
Tobylap
August 22, 2013, 1:33pm Report to Moderator

Maggiore
Did they just start that with pronto?  I just walked up and bought a ticket at FCO and here in Vasto last December.  

"If you really want to do something, you'll find a way;  if you don't, you'll find an excuse."  Jim Rohn

No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich.  Louis Sabin
Private Message Reply: 27 - 29
jinty
August 22, 2013, 1:34pm Report to Moderator
Sottotenente
Thanks Dolce Vita, I'll look out for the little car park    and yes, you do pay on the prontobus, with your confirmation document as the pre booking..its a great service!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 28 - 29
Nick
August 22, 2013, 2:01pm Report to Moderator
Tenente Colonnello
The Rome airports are having a deal on parking. IIRC up to two months for the cost of two weeks.

Depending on the time of your flight and other issues I find driving and paying parking in Rome tends to be a better deal then dealing with the bus etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 29 - 29
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Abruzzolutely Forum    Holidays & Travel    Travel Topics  ›  Prontobus - Fiumicino to Pescara